Essex Integration is a DNA project based in Colchester, providing free advice, support and practical help to refugees, asylum seekers and migrant workers throughout Essex.
They offer a friendly face and understand the issues surrounding fitting into a new culture where systems are baffling and bureaucracy is overwhelming. They run a drop-in advice and advocacy service at their Colchester office for anyone to receive free advice and support on a broad range of subjects from housing, entitlement to benefits, employment to how to make friends and learn English.
Services that Essex Integration provides include
- Basic English classes for women
- Occasional computer courses
- Advice with welfare, benefits and housing
Essex Integration aims to
- Identify and address the needs of refugees, asylum seekers and migrant workers resident, or intending to be resident in Essex
- Enable those with the right to remain to become full and equal members of the local community
- Challenge intolerance and ensure equal opportunity for all