Since April 2017, DNA has been based at the Rectory, 76 East Hill, close to Colchester town centre.
The premises has a number of rooms that are being used as offices both upstairs and down, with additional meeting space for between 20-30 people in the larger of two downstairs reception rooms. Although this limits the numbers that can comfortably gather together in the same space, the wonderful back garden is a great asset, especially in the Spring and Summer months, conducive to a range of events such as barbecues, picnics, parties, outdoor worship, reflective prayer etc.
There is partial disabled access downstairs. Ideas have been discussed about ways to modify the space, should DNA be making this their permanent home. (This will be negotiated with the Diocese of Chelmsford at the end of August 2017)
For DNA Networks 76 East Hill is
• The base of operations for DNA local and global
• A space for Missional Communities to use for communal meals, football breakfasts, parent and toddler groups, Alpha and Parenting courses, after school clubs, CAP Job Club, Marriage courses etc
• An office and meeting place for Essex Integration’s administration, training and advice centre. (Formerly known as Fresh Beginnings, E. I. is an organisation closely linked with DNA Networks, offering support to migrants and refugees.)
• A place for Communal worship on Sunday mornings, afternoons , evenings or any other time!
• A prayer centre for intercession – hopefully there will be more in the future
• An identifiable centre so that people can connect with us more easily
76 East Hill is where most of our mission units operate. There is also an emerging church plant and family centre at Maldon Rd Chapel and we are part of a consortium of churches that support the Abbeyfield Community Project in Berechurch Road. In addition, we have Bridgeway Charity Enterprise, currently housed in the 3rd Floor of Centurion House, St John’s St, Colchester, giving unemployed people some work collecting and selling recycled goods.